From technical guy to an energy executive
A “technical” has a “specific” approach. An executive has a “generalist” view. How can a technician evolve to become an executive? The answer is simple BUT it requires a look at the “big picture”. and involves 6 themes:
1. Ask questions that can identify “what it’s about”.
2. Figure out how to get the information you need
3. Analyze the information
4. Create alternatives based on analysis
5. Rank the alternatives including technical, financial, legal and management topics,
6. Present alternatives as business so that the Upper Management can make good quality decisions.
I have been helping companies and institutions follow this “structured” roadmap for many years and the results are excellent! It will be worth a try!