Energy: Powerful Metric
$/kWh is a super robust way to measure the cost of energy for industrial, commercial and institutional consumers.
Very simple too. It can be calculated considering several conditions.
1. The total cost of the electricity bill Referred to the total volume consumed
2. The cost of each source used Referring to the consumption of each source
3. The total cost of all sources Referred to consumption from all sources
These metrics allow for very interesting analyses.
* The “ranking” of sources and total costs
* How your company compares to others
* How to evaluate market offers
It will be worth creating systemic and permanent monitoring. It helps a lot with decision making!