image credit: Dogger Bank
- Oct 10, 2023 8:45 am GMT
First power | World’s largest offshore wind farm
- UK Prime Minister Rishi Sunak hails Dogger Bank’s role in bolstering energy security, creating jobs, lowering costs, and achieving Net Zero.
- First power achieved at UK’s Dogger Bank as the first of 277 turbines installed 130km from UK coast.
- Dogger Bank is now connected via HVDC technology to Britain’s national grid and providing renewable power to homes and businesses.
- Each rotation of the first turbine’s 107m long Haliade-X blades can produce enough clean energy to power an average home for two days.
- When complete Dogger Bank will deliver clean energy to six million homes annually.*
Get Published – Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network® is based on one core idea – power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It’s also easy to share a link to an article you’ve liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.