The Energy Transition is probably the most challenging undertaking we need to take in a short time frame of thirty years. to give our planet the chance to regain balance for us to live in and protect what we have.
To get there, we will need to chase a crazy pursuit of existing, competing businesses, all vested in how we do things, to gain their attention and convince them of a sense of urgency and need for a rapid change from the existing to a preferred, based more on renewables, as our principle source of energy.
Equally, I need to undertake a more focused approach. I have recently revamped my thinking towards the Energy Transition. Click on the tabs within this posting and website to understand the changes that need to be undertaken centred on innovation as central to this.
Different companies have different understandings of the changing energy ecosystem; some are narrow in their views and very focused on their business, others seek to break out and become more recognized, while others still want to be seen as leading. What and how do you pitch to each?
To effectively pitch the concept of the changing energy ecosystem to different types of companies with varying perspectives and motivations, it’s essential to tailor your message to their specific needs and objectives. Here’s a breakdown of how we might go about it with a different approach for each type of company or stage they are in:
- Companies Focused on Their Business (Narrow View):
- Pitch: Highlight the immediate benefits and relevance of the changing energy ecosystem to their core business operations. Emphasize how embracing sustainable and efficient energy practices can lead to cost savings, increased operational resilience, and enhanced reputation among environmentally conscious consumers.
- Messaging: “Discover how optimizing your energy practices can directly impact your bottom line. We can help you identify energy efficiency opportunities that align with your current business strategies, ensuring you stay competitive in a rapidly evolving market but recognize and undertake necessary changes within the Energy Transition.”
- Companies Seeking Recognition and Visibility:
- Pitch: Appeal to their desire for greater visibility and reputation as industry leaders. Emphasize how being at the forefront of energy transformation can enhance their brand, attract positive media attention, and attract environmentally conscious customers and investors.
- Messaging: “Elevate your brand to new heights by championing sustainability and innovation in the energy sector. Investing in pioneering cutting-edge energy solutions that make a positive impact and position that is recognized that your company is a recognized leader in the field.”
- Companies Aiming to Be Seen as Leading:
- Pitch: Acknowledge their ambition to be recognized as leaders and influencers. Showcase how actively shaping the energy ecosystem can result in industry thought leadership, strategic partnerships, and a voice in policy shaping.
- Messaging: “Being in a select group of trailblazers shaping the future of energy offers a pioneering status and the real chance of shaping future thinking and practices. By actively engaging in transformative initiatives and thought leadership, you can influence industry standards, seek active collaborations with others driving change, and solidify your position as a leading force in energy innovation.”
In each case, it’s crucial to convey the broader societal and environmental benefits of participating in the changing energy ecosystem, such as reducing carbon emissions, combating climate change, and contributing to a more sustainable future. Additionally, you gain attention and recognition as a listening and orientated partner by tailoring your messaging to align with each company’s specific industry, size, and culture.
We each have different positions in delivering change in this Energy Transition, contributing to the evolving energy landscape. By understanding and adapting to so many unique motivations and objectives, you can effectively bridge conversations, relate and provide help across a diverse range of companies in the journey towards a transformed energy ecosystem, irrespective of your size and theirs.
**My revamped website www.innovating4energy.com takes a focus upon the needed innovation pillars as vital to accelerate the energy transition, and here I am offering my approach to research and deploy, also recognizing that reforming and disruption are a “constant” to be addressed in any rapidly changing market and my view on energy transforming as my approach. If interested, do take a look at the different links.